Marie is the newest member of the Atelier Davis team and a fellow New York transplant. Marie was born and raised in Los Angeles before earning her Masters at the New York School of Interior Design. Most recently Marie was part of the interiors department at the renowned NYC-firm Annabelle Selldorf Architecture. We are excited to have her contribute her unique eye to our design projects! Here are Marie’s 6 picks:
1. Travel Destination: For local destinations I would pick Savannah, GA. I love the charming scenescape and the fried chicken + cocktails from Olde Pink House
2. Art / Design Inspo: I’m always in awe seeing a painting by Pierre-Auguste Renoir or any artist from the Impressionist period. I love the depth of color and use of greens and blues used in the background of Renoir’s Portrait of a Young Woman (the online images never do it justice)! I’d love to find a paint color to match this color!
4. Self-Care Item: I love a good eye cream and when I’m ready to splurge, Tata Harper’s Restorative Eye cream will be my next purchase.
5. Food: I love a home-cooked meal of anything but some favorites that are nostalgic for me is Vietnamese food : Bánh xèo, Pho, Bún bò Huế
6. Atlanta Destination: I’m still exploring but so far Piedmont Park has been a go-to for me. I live close by and take my dog for walks there often.