Some of you may have read our new blog post series, Six Picks, that featured Nest Studio’s owner, Jess Davis. Well this week we’re back with another one, and today it’s all about our lovely Melanie Vega! Melanie is the force behind our sales efforts – managing all of our showrooms and design trade outreach and orders.
1) Travel Destination: The Italian Coast – more specifically Sardinia. I have never been but it is a goal of mine to make it over there one day. It combines everything I love and imagine to be true about Italy and its rich culture, plus its an island which is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You can’t beat that!
2) Personal Care Item: I have 4 I cannot live without and apply everyday: Dermalogica Clay Cleanser, Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream, Thayers Witch Hazel Facial Toner, and Sanre C-Love vitamin C Cream. I love these products because a little goes a long way and they leave my skin feeling super clean, moisturized, toned, and smooth for days. Plus the Egyptian Magic Skin cream isn’t just for the face. I use it on my elbows, knees, and any dry patches I have on my skin. Another plus, it’s safe for babies skin too!
3) Favorite Food: Wings – I love them. They are my go-to food. Wings are easy to make and there are so many different types out there with sauces galore to dip! Yes, they are messy but it’s worth it. Plus you are so satisfied after because you had to work for it.
4) Summer Reading: How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran. Nothing beats reading this hilarious, fresh and beautifully written book which almost feels like you’ve come upon a very special secret. If you want to laugh hysterically under the sun I highly recommend this book!
5) Nest hardware Piece: The Mod-06 specifically in our Polished Nickel. To me it exemplifies the perfect cabinet or drawer pull. It’s a simple design but still has the ability to standout.
6) Mom Hack: Calculators. Yes, that’s right I said calculators, We have many of all shapes, colors and sizes. Why is this a hack? Toddlers. Love. Them. It keeps them busy for hours and quiet when you need them to be. They love pressing the buttons and watch the numbers come up on the screen. It’s a remote control, a phone, a mini lap top computer, a cash register on the go etc, let their perfect imaginations do the work! They are lightweight and when you lose one you don’t feel so bad because there are easily replaceable. The Target $1, $3 and $5 section always has fun ones to purchase or Staples which are small and cheap!